Re: Insurance

To: "Ralph Goodwin" <rgoodwin@ipass.net>, "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:26:01 -0400
Ralph Goodwin wrote:

> The example that you used illustrates the importance of having a classic,
> collector or old car properly insured.  By properly insured I mean with a
> specialty carrier that insures older cars.  Not only do you enjoy lower
rates
> than normal, due to limited use thus limited risk to the insurance
company, but
> when you have a claim, you are able to deal with an adjuster that is
familiar
> with old cars and their value.
>

> John T. Blair wrote:
>
> > Hey gang,
> >

> > Along with this, I received a call the other day from a young lady.
She has
> > a 77 Gremlin that has been in her family since new, never been hit.
Well
> > someone pulled out in front of her and she now needs a front clip.  The
> > problem, I'm sure the insurance co. (the person that hit her - was at
fault)
> > will want to total the car.

When I switched to a classic car carrier (Silver Wheels through Lant & Co.
in Ontario), my rates for two Triumphs for 12 months were the same as I
paid to a regular carrier for one Triumph for 6 months. Not only that, but
despite thinking that after 33 years with that car, I was covered for
everything. The appraiser (a requirement of the new policy) indicated that
if my garage were to have burned down with both cars inside, with my old
policy I would likely have received more money for my tools than for the
two cars!

Cheers
Keith

    _       _