Decision made...thank's to all who responded!

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Decision made...thank's to all who responded!
From: "Frank & Sherry White" <whitef@midusa.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:51:20 -0500
With the help of everyone's input, experiences and, in some cases, very
amusing stories I have solved the Spitfire transportation problem.  The
towbar is out, as I don't know the condition of the moving parts, alignment
of the car, etc.  Also, the responders pretty much universally agree that
the Spit bumper is not what one wants to be dragging the car over mountain
passes with.

So...I scanned co-workers today and found someone that is willing to let me
use, at no charge, his lightweight car hauler!  The whole rig should come in
under my 3000 lb target, and I won't have to spend 1100 miles worrying about
the car jettisoning any parts, rear end failing, etc.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to send info...your replies
probably saved me the stress of being passed by my own spitfire somewhere in
Northern Arizona!

Frank White
Sherry White
McPherson, Kansas
"Speed doesn't kill.  Its the sudden stop that gets you!"