Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] How to Attach Convertible Top

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] How to Attach Convertible Top
From: "Wayne Burton" <Wayne_burton@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:28:14 -0700
Congratulations John,

Another owner of an early spitfire. Thats the good news. The bad news is...
You have a 'jigsaw puzzle' soft top. The top and hood bows were not attached
to the
car. The bows were stored in the trunk with the legs pointing toward the
front. These were
inserted into the brackets and the front bow hinged down. The top was then
stretched over the
bows, and the front flap inserted under the windscreen capping. The rear was
then fastened
to the deck, and then the spring clips in the bows released. This resulted
in a clean look when
the top was not installed, and a very tight fit which cannot leak when it
was.

If you don't have access to or cant find an early owners manual, I can
e-mail the relevant sections.
The Owners Manuals are available through TRF and Rimmer Bros