Autochoke on ZS 150C

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autochoke on ZS 150C
From: "Ali Mohempour" <ali@ucla.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:53:18 -0700
Thank you everyone for giving me advise on what to do about my little
accident (putting water in oil gallery drain bolt rather than the bolt on
the other side).  I changed the oil and hopefully after I get the car
started, I'll change it several times more (no big deal).  Now I have
several question about the ZS carb:

Got the rebuild kit from Moss, first of all the gaskets don't seem to have
the same quality as the original ones.  The original ones where all black
and make out of some thick impermeable plastinc stuff.  The Moass gaskets
are all different colors and look like paper cut outs, anyways.

Q1. Why doesn't the kit contain the gasket for the deceleration bypass part
(the part with the spring in it)?

Q2.  I opened the autochokeand I see there are two piston things at 90
degree angles to each other.  The one that has the three screws and gasket
on it moves back and forth, but the other one does not move at all.
Shouldn't it move since the mechanism inside should rotate?  Is it seized?

Ever since I bought my  '78 spitfire last month, my learning curve about car
mechanics has risen exponentioally.  Haven't driven it with the engine on
once, but it has been so much fun playing with it.  I've been able to
resusitate my mom's '86 VW cabriolet and diagnose a problem in my friend's
'91 Honda, simply from the stuff I learned from my spitfire....cooool:)

Ali