Mc D coffee, lawyers, stupidity and vintage racing

To: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Mc D coffee, lawyers, stupidity and vintage racing
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:01:29 -0700
Aaaah, cofffeeeeeee....mmmmmmm

Actually, the "preferred" method of brew is to use water that is just "off
boil", likely about 180-200.  Much less and the aromatics and esters (oils
and gunk) that make good coffee good have no chance to leach out of the
grind.  Much more and stuff gets "boiled off".

Not that I've ever considered Mc D@#$'s coffee to be outstanding, in fact I
only get the stuff when it's attached to a meal deal (when I can stand the
grease and overcooked egg) and then often I dont drink it.

The above said, I beleie the intention ofthe thread was to describe the
shear lunacy of the American justice system (something which, WRT liability
is creeping ever closer to the 49th //) where somebody can sue a vendor for
the bloody obvious.  Hot coffee + sensitive areas (lips, tongue, um, etc) is
not a good idea.

 Maybe this person was using the drive thru meal as a car warmer because
their Lucas fan motor quit and they were freezing their a** off ?!?!?!?

Sorry for the diatribe, but hey, it's a silly thread at the best and I'm on
vacation, sorta.

BTW,  this weekend I will be driving a Lotus Cortina II in the 2nd annual
Vintage Festival on the Prairies at Gimli Manitoba.  rom the advance entry
list I suspect my major "competition" will be a Mustang GT 350, a big(ger)
car that cant turn corners.  Sorta like the AH3000 last year that caused me
the write off.  The happy part ofthe story is that I will be driving my GT6+
to the track, laden to the dome light with kit, when just one year ago it
was 2 feet shorter than designed!  A full report next week, I may have some
pix scanned.  Sorry, no TR's on the list as yet.

Dave T
Winnipeg