Re: tire date codes

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: tire date codes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:50:06 -0700
Peter, I don't know if it applies to all tires (probably does), but on
Pirelli's there is a 3 digit code that means the week and last digit of
the year.  For example 137 interprets as the thirteenth week of 1997 (or
1987 if it is an older tire).  Theoretically, it could even be 1977, or
1967.  The tread pattern will tell the exact year because they are
changed often enough that there is never any overlap.

Regards,
Joe

"Peter S." wrote:

> Does anybody know how to read the date codes on tires?
> I suspect the tires on the Spity are oooold.  They even say Triumph as a
> brand name!
> Peter S

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer