Re: Front end shake

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>,
Subject: Re: Front end shake
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:16:30 +0100
I had a problem with a warn front hub, where the DPO ran the car with the
bearing seazed and the bearing track runing on the inside of the hub.
Anyway I atempted to sleave the bearing, but managed to get is slightly off
center.

I found it produced these symptoms, but you also got the a back vibration
from the brake.  I believe this is what you would get with a warped disk.

Only other thing I can think of is check the camber and tow-in angles.

Having had a bad prop shaft, it did feel like unbalanced wheels.  Even a
feeling through the steering wheel.

Put the car up on axil stands at the back and run it up to speed, 60 should
do.   No vibration it's the front, vibration it's the back.  Dont run it too
fast if the vibration get's bad, you dont want to shake the axil stands
over.  Or you'll experience the best initial acceleation your ever likle to
see in the Spit.

James