removing emissions on 80 spit

To: Spit-LIST <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: removing emissions on 80 spit
From: gfaber <gfaber@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:57:45 -0400
Hello to the list

Im having some carb problems on my 80 spit, (single stromberg)   the PO
removed some of the emissions stuff   as in the air pump
and such, Im thinking of removing all the emissions  parts and changing
over to a  Weber down draft carb and new manifold and removing the
catalyst , which is probably shot any ways from running way to rich  a
mixture for quite some time, and adding a header.  Has anyone had
experience with doing this?  just wondering what problems I may run
into!  my area doesn't  require emissions test so Im thinking on going
for it
any advice is greatly appreciated
Regards
Gerry