Re: Rear wheel wobble

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel wobble
From: "MICHAEL C ROSS" <MIKEROSS@Prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:20:52 -0400
Victor,

I recently replaced a rear hub because the bearings were destroyed.  I first
noticed a grinding noise coming from the left rear wheel.  I took off the
half axile assemly and could see that that the  > wheel base (the large
round metal plate where the brakes mount,
>etc.) did wobble.  Your problem could be the wheel bearings, but I would
think you would here some awful noise coming from it.

Good luck,

Mike