Rebuilding ZS carb

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding ZS carb
From: "Ali Mohempour" <ali@ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:59:20 -0700
Hi everyone,
Having bought a '78 Spit 1500 last month, I have so far managed (with the
help of this list, a Haynes manual , and $$) to take care of the cooling
system (radiator had completely rusted out), clean the gas tank, and do some
other minor repairs.  Now I have some new questions:

1.  When I cleaned the gas tank, I shook it left and right and inverted it
too.  I could hear the floater hit the tank when I turned it upside down,
but when I put gas, it did float.  Would flipping the tank, damage the
floater by any chance?

2.  I have removed the carb and have ordered a rebuild kit from Moss.  What
are the chances that I have to change the needle?  Do you have to change the
needle for a rebuild job?  Is the Hanes manual sufficient for the task?

Thanks you.

Ali