wiring harness grommet wanted

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: wiring harness grommet wanted
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:55:58 MDT
Does anyone have a spare wiring harness grommet they are willing to sell?
This is the grommet that resides right next to the fuse box and has the ...
I'm not sure what to call it, I guess a "snout", that covers the  engine
side of the harness for about an inch. British Wiring doesn't carry it, nor
does Spitbits or any of the Big 3.
        I just completed rebuilding the wiring harness for my GT6 -  replaced a
melted  dash light wire, replaced a bunch of solder bullet connectors and
spade teminals, cleaned and retaped it too. Even checked it for
continuity/isolation though didn't dare do a 'megger' test on it (don't have
the tools for that). Looks pretty good.  With all this effort into the
harness I sure would hate putting it back in using that torn grommet.
Anybody?
        Thanks,
        Karl Theis
        '67, '68 GT6's