Wow, a Spitfire list! Hurray! And a question, of course!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wow, a Spitfire list! Hurray! And a question, of course!
From: "Ian Frearson" <frearji@montevallo.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:42:34 -0500
Hi, everybody! I've been on the Triumph list for a little while now, but I
had NO idea that there was a separate Spitfire list! I, too, recently
purchased my dream car... a 1980 Spitfire. I think I've wanted one since I
was about 9 years old. Too bad it's not in "dream condition". The PO
"halfway" retrofitted chrome bumpers (minus any overriders in the front.
grrr) and I want to refit the black rubber bumpers (yes, I know I'm insane,
but I LIKE them).

Here's a great question to start off with  :)

Someone has offered me an overdrive gearbox, OD, shifter, wiring, solenoid,
propshaft, etc. for $650. Is this a good deal? It seems like it is to me,
but being a poor student, coming up with this much cash is difficult. I'd
like some other opinions before I go to all the effort of getting so much
money together. BTW, my current non-OD gearbox has dying synchros, thus part
of the motivation here.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks, and boy, am I glad y'all are here.

Ian Frearson
1980 Spitfire 1500