Re: Pertronix Ignitor

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:22:43 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  I think Andy nailed it
right on the nose.  Although that sure seems to be quite a high price to
pay for some adapter stuff.  I would think that the electronics would be
the same regardless of the application, but perhaps I am wrong.  Lord
knows it wouldn't be the first time.

Regards,Joe

Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Joe Curry wrote:
>
> > I was just looking through the VB catalog and find they now list the
> > above mentioned part.  Looking at the pricing, I see that the price of
> > the one for 75-80 Spits is $89.95.  But the earlier models (Delco
> > Distributor) is $149.95!  What gives here?
> >
> > Can anybody tell me why they are charging so much more for that
> > application?
>
> Because it's a conversion from points-type ignition as opposed to an
> "upgrade" of an existing electronic unit?
>
> --Andy

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer