RE: New Spit and Questions

To: <KHOCO@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New Spit and Questions
From: "Michael Burdick" <burdick@abacus.mc.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:00:58 -0400
>          Due the fact that I still have a lot work to do on the
> gt6 and one
> Triumph is not enough Iv'e just bought a 70 mk 3 Spit. I think the Comm
> number is FD084919L. Is this Correct? The Zero after the FD
> appears to have
> been struck high making it look like a U.

No, it's probably a "U"...

> brother painted it. I don't have much hope of him finding it. Is
> it possible
> to get another comm plate?

TRF may have these - I don't know for sure though.

>              Almost forgot, The  front badge has the spitfire name over a
> circle I think this is supposed to be the old spitfire insigna.
> The colors
> are worn off.
> What are the colors for the circle and is there anyplace to get
> it restored?

Red, white and blue - A reproduction is available.  TRF carries it, and
you can see a picture at <http://www.web2000.com/emblems/p2.htm>
It's number 20.

> I seem to remember that these badges are desirable to have.

They were used on the '70 only.  One of these days, I'll finish the
"Federal Spitfire" webpage I started...  You can see most of the badges
on my car - it's on <http://www.carpictures.com> under the Triumph
heading, 1970 Triumph Spitfire Mk3 blue.

Hope this helps,
Mike Burdick
'70 Spitfire
Durham NC