Re: HOT Spit/fuel mixture question.

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>,
Subject: Re: HOT Spit/fuel mixture question.
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:25:23 +0100
I hope it's not, seing as I have exactly the same symptoms as you and would
be realy dissapointed if it is.  Especialy as I spent along time fixing up
the electrical system.  I can swap the fule gadge with the temp one, two
wires from the senders, and although it confuses passangers it reads exactly
the same.  If the temp gadge is out then my fule gadge is as well.

Anyway, there are a few things you might try.  Radiator side vailances, I
found the engin ones didn't make much difference.  The bit infront of the
radiator between the chassis rails, block this up, thingking about rust
prevesion at the same time, (remeber you'll get loads of rain driven in here
so you need a couple of 1" holes at sutable positions).  Then the bit under
the radiator.

Now you mensioned cleaning out the radiator system, but did you do anything
to the block.  I haven't tryed this, but some descailing might come in
handy.  If you have sucess with this tell me.

As for pump diagnosis, I would dearly love to know.  The only one I have
heard about envolves a bucket of water, some hoze pipe, a sacraficial goat,
only to be done in the area of totality of an eclips. :-)

Thank's to who ever you were who sent the sugestion, but that was way to
fiddly for me to do.

The other thing I would like to know is how less effective is a herold 13/60
pump than a spitfire 1500 pump, same with doly 1500 (my pump) to a spitfire
pump.

James -- getting hot and bothered with all this overtaking of people who
SLOW for corners :-)