Re: Spitfire parts in England

To: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire parts in England
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:08:02 +0100
Huw,
        As you will be in the Salisbury area, try heading north to Wootton
Bassett (near Swindon in Wiltshire) and visit Paul Cull, who is an old
friend and Triumph Trader/Restorer - he has a good stock of used spares.
Try calling him on (01793) 853033 for directions. Mention my name and
you might get a better price...8~}
        John Kipping (01203) 645333 is always recommended, but I've only seen
him advertise rebuilt carb sets on an exchange basis - he's also not
very close to where you're travelling.
        Steve Gill is also good for used spares, and being near Pontypool in
South Wales should be quite convenient - (01495) 774953.
        I hope this is of some help,
                Regards,
                        Bill.

Huw Upshall wrote:

> I'm in England for a vacation right now and I was wondering, would It be
> cheaper here than back in the states to find a twin SU manifold and carbs
> for a 1500 spit?  If so, can someone tell me of some good local parts
> suppliers or scrap yards that might have these parts?  I am currently in
> South Wales, I will also be down in the Salisbury area and London during my
> stay.
>
>                                                                 -Huw

                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup