Re: Spitfire parts in England

To: hupshall@wolfenet.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire parts in England
From: "Sue Hunneybell" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 05:58:46 PDT
>From: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
>To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Spitfire parts in England
>Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 09:13:01 +0100
>
>I'm in England for a vacation right now and I was wondering, would >It be
>cheaper here than back in the states to find a twin SU >manifold and carbs
>for a 1500 spit?  If so, can someone tell me of >some good local parts
>suppliers or scrap yards that might have these >parts?  I am currently in
>South Wales, I will also be down in the >Salisbury area and London during
>my stay.
>                                                               -Huw

I can't help with price comparisons as I don't know the US prices but I can
suggest a few suppliers.

John Kippings - Coventry - 01203 645333
Steve Gill Sportscars - Wales - 01495 774953
SpitBitz - Berkshire - 01189 732648
British Sportscar Spares - London - 0181 748 7823
Southern Triumph Services - Bournmouth - 01202 423687
Spitfire Graveyard - 01142 7008867

If you don't have any joy with these I can come up with some more
possibilities.

Happy hunting!