Aha! So That's Why My Intake Leaks!

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Aha! So That's Why My Intake Leaks!
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:17:35 -0800
Well, I finally got well enough to pull the intake one more time on my
1500 Spit and see why it isn't tightening down far enough to seal after
I installed the new SS header.  The interference point is at the bottom
of the intake "log" where the water pipe runs through.  It's hitting the
middle two header pipes and keeping the intake from sealing to the head.

So, where should I go from here?  Grind down some on the bottom of the
log (I'm not sure how thick it is, and I certainly don't want to go all
the way through)?  Bang on the header tubes just enough to get the
clearance I need?  Buy a "real" car (as my girlfriend "suggested")?  As
always, I defer to the wiser and calmer heads of my fellow listers.

-Schuyler

BTW, if anyone needs anything sent by snail mail, contact Joe Curry.  He
must have connections at the PO, 'cause the list stickers he sent day
before yesterday made it all the way from Washington state to Atlanta by
this afternoon!  Geeze, maybe the world really is coming to an end at
the start of the new millennium!

--
Schuyler E. Grace
schuyler@bellsouth.net