Re: Electrical maladies

To: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electrical maladies
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:04:19 -0800
Sounds like your starter solenoid/connections have toasted.
You might be able to remove the heavy wires that connect to
the battery & starter motor from the solenoid, and clean/
repair them.  The fact that you have no spark suggests (to me)
that the solenoid may need to be repaired.  I'm assuming this
is a "later" Spitfire with ballasted ignition.

Hope this helps,
Bob

--
Bob Sykes

"Alchohol and calculus do not mix.  Please don't drink and derive."