Re: Madonna

To: "Jim Philpott" <ORMJIM@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Madonna
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:00:53 -0000
> We are from the Puget Sound area of Washington State.  My wife was told
> of the world famous men's room of the Modonna Inn by her 75 year old
> aunt many years ago.  I don't think any tour of California would be
> complete without a visit to the modonna inn.  Kinda spookey what
> californians think of for the tourists to see.

Oh, absolutely not <Big G> I consider myself to be something of a
self-confessed
authority of the vast variety of 'Pissoire's' and 'Urinette's' dotted
around
France - including the more modern unisex versions in Paris which
automatically throw you out after about 10 minutes occupancy!

> Story I heard was Mr. Madonna started with $0.17 now has a large
> construction co.,a large cattle ranch, and 2000 acres in San Luis
> Obispo, Built this elaborate Inn, gas station, resturant complex to
> improve the quality of life in the area. Also had exotic animals .  I
> guess it is traditional that even the women have to check out the
> elaborate waterfall urnial in the basement of the lobby.

A WATERFALL version? My God! Is it susceptible to additional
cataracts in the manner of Niagara and Victoria following on from
heavy rains up-country? :-)

Clearly, Mr. Madonna's creation is of such critical importance to both
sexes (both as users and spectators) that I feel Mark B. should seriously
consider opening up another list to cover this subject in isolation :-) I
would be
delighted to be a regular contributor.

Has anyone photographed this wondrous edifice? I've already delayed my
departure
for work searching Infoseek and Yahoo to determine if there is a URL -
without success.
If anyone has a picture of the WATERFALL, I'd be delighted to receive it
off list to add
to my collection.

John Mac