Buying Car Across the Country

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buying Car Across the Country
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 10:33:59
Hello again.  I found a car close to Dearborn Michigan that I am interested
in buying.  Unfortunately, I live in Florida.  I have several questions.
First, What is the best (read "CHEAPEST") way of transporting a car from
Dearborn MI to Jacksonville FL.  Any experience here.  Second, I am very
concerned about the quality of the car, I don't want to buy it and ship it
just to find out it won't fit my needs.  Is there anybody in that area that
could possibly take a look at it for me and see if it is a rust bucket or a
solid car.  I am looking primarily for a car to replace my current tub that
is suffering from severe rust rot.  I really appreciate the help thanks.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL