RE: rollbars/cages

To: "'trunnell@mindspring.com'" <trunnell@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: rollbars/cages
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GCICT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:54:57 -0400
Glenn-
I went to a local speed shop to buy something for the Spit, and while I was
there I inquired about rollbars.
The owner gave me a card of a local guy who makes rollbars/frames for racing
cars. I haven't been to
see him yet, but I heard he will fabricate anything you want, just bring him
the car. I also had some doubts
about the stock rollbars available from the big three. I saw a nice TR6 at a
local shop that had a custom made rollbar
that had the traditional "hoop" behind the seats, but also had a diagonal
brace going to the passengers side floor.
This setup looked pretty beefy to me, and did not interfere much with the
passengers legroom.
Maybe you could find someone in your area that does custom tube
bending/welding?

Glenn Bowley
Mansfield, CT
'75 Spit (FM30644U)