Re: reliability

To: "Chip Mautz" <clmautz@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: reliability
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:36:44 -0400
Chip, et al,
Then you've seen those awesome Triumph Vitesses. The one that stands out in
my mind is the white Trans-Am Tyco machine. They dominated their class (read
Datsun 510, main competition) in the early to mid 70's (not sure exact
years).  To increase competition in that class, the SCCA made a rule that
Trans-Am cars could be no more than four (or was that five) years old, or
still sold new in the US.  Well that ended Triumphs domination in the that
class of Trans-Am, since the Vitesse was officially imported to the US in
1962, and in the SCCA's eyes, the car was nearing 15 years old, and no
longer sold new in the US.  But in the 510's defense (I am a Nissan fan
too!), the racing Vitesse used the 2.5L TR6 engine, not the 1.6L (original)
or the 2.0L (only a few made it to the states) inline-6s.  The 510's were
only "bloody superior" AFTER the Vitesse got kicked out.

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
62 Triumph Vitesse  (wish I had the original 1.6L)
77 Spitfire (wants to be DSP)
84 Nissan 300ZX Turbo
92 Ford Tempo GLS (Stealth Bomber)
"I have a tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve.....
 I have a history of losing my shirt" - Bare Naked Ladies