Re: Replacing Snaps

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Replacing Snaps
From: "Dianne & Ree G." <reegurley@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:58:17 -0500
Neil,
  I went to a boating-supply store (Boats/US) and picked up a little kit
(about $12.00, I think) which included a dozen or so snaps (both innies &
outies) and, most importantly, little dies to hammer the new snaps on with.
Worked like a charm - in fact, I had so much fun that I went back and bought
enough extra snaps to replace all the crummy plastic ones on my tonneau with
metal ones.  Note that the plastic and metal ones are sized slightly
differently, so you can't mate a plastic female to a metal male or vice
versa.  BTW, when the snaps become hard to unsnap on my Spit or boats, I
simply stuff a small bit of grease into the "innie" - works great.

Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit FM73070U O