Re: Spitfire Mk. IV or 1500 tub wanted (fwd)

To: Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Mk. IV or 1500 tub wanted (fwd)
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:01:16 -0400
Hey Harve:

Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Thorn wrote:

> Tks to all for the "tub" info!  I appreciate it!
>
> I now know that I have a '75 tub here in North West Arkansas that someone
> might need.  All I have to figure out now, is what a '75 "tub" is worth!!

>From nothing to a couple hundred bucks maybe, depends on it's condition.

> This one is pretty good (I think)  little dings here and there but not bad
> at all.  the original brooklands green body paint has a black (!)
> overpaint.
>
> How do people pick up  these tubs??  Drive over with a flat bed??

Two reasonably strong men can lift one no problem.  A decent utility
trailer would do the trick.

> What sort of things determine the worth???  What is the going price of
> such???  (I guess that geography plays some role, but would like "some"
> idea of worth!!)

Again, the amount of rust and damage is the key.

> Is posting a list of parts for sale appropriate for this list?

Actually, as the "Spitfire List's Official For-Sale-Ad Moderator" it is
*my* job to screen all ads for content and editorial style...   You just
go ahead and send that list directly to me and I'll take care of the
rest....   ;^)

> Tks all!!

And thank you.

John