Re: how to fix leaking top?

To: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: Re: how to fix leaking top?
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:10:31 -0400
Kevin,
      A few years ago,I replaced the rubber seal out of desperation,It
looked like new yet leaked badly.A new seal from TRF fixed me up,its
been about 5 or 6 years and all is well. Sad to say,TRF now sells a
different type seal that won't go into the channel.(tried to replace one
on a friends Spit. Got one from vic brit seems to work well but I don't
know how much rain he's been in.
  Just a thought,are you sure it is leaking between the chrome and the
rubber and not betweem the chrome and windsheild frame? There should be
a non hardening sealant squished between these two pieces.
                                              Good luck,
                                              Bob Harris