Re: how to fix leaking top?

To: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: Re: how to fix leaking top?
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:14:16 -0700
I have the same problem (at speed).  I put a new top and rubber seal
on a couple of months ago.  One thing that struck me was that the
new seal (from the vendor noted for "correct" parts) was different
than the original seal.  The new seal is "open" with a cross-
sectional shape sort of like the like the letter "C".  The opening
being at the bottom toward the the winshield frame.  The original
seal has a cross-sectional shape more like an "O", or a squashed
"O" in my case after 20 years of use.

Could it be that the newer seals just don't?  Believe it or not,
my Spit was rain-tight when it was new.

--
Bob Sykes

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
--Albert Einstein