Re: Rebuilding Head

To: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>,
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Head
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:48:01 -0500
Shane,
When I did mine I tore it all apart myself (All new parts going on), I made
a template of where everything went.  I then matched up the intake and
exhaust ports with the manifolds.  While I was doing that I ported it out a
bit and polished the exhaust.

The fellow at the machine shop suggested a multiple angle valve grind, it
helps with the distribution of fuel/air, so I got those.  Also he put some
cup type valve seals on the guides for me, I think they were ford

I did opt for the dual spring setup also..

The whole thing came up to parts plus $75.00, he through in the seals for
free!!!  I had also had some other work done there before so I got a
frequent discount.  It should not cost more then about $100 for the labor.....

N.A. Campiglia III
Abilene TX
'67 Mk III, '74 1500
http://camalott.com/~spitdrvr