Rebuilding Head

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rebuilding Head
From: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:33:03 -0400
Hello,
 I am wanting to get the head rebuilt in the next week but not sure as
to who should do it or what I can expect to pay.... The head has a bad
valve now and a broke rocker arm. I want to get the whole thing rebuilt
and I am going to buy new pushrods/lifters and probably not touch the
rest of the block. The car has been sitting now for 5 years with the
head off. The tops of the pistons are fine and I can turn the engine
over by hand with no problems at all. Other than a new clutch
(everything needs replacing here) and new brakes, it should be ready to
go...(has some coolant floating in the block I'm sure)

Does anyone have any suggestions of what they would do or how much this
rebuild of the head will cost? Should I ask for dual spring setup? etc
etc.

Also, I am still looking for a weber setup to accompany a new recently
acquired header (Thanks Ed!) Other than that, I think I am set (Or Am

Shane Sizemore
1979 Triumph Spitfire (not so ugly rubber bumpers)
Douglasville, GA