Re: Ugly? Black Bumpers

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ugly? Black Bumpers
From: Spitty1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:45:41 EDT
I have a 1979 Triumph Spitfire and I happen to love the black bumpers. At the
car shows the black bumpers really seem to stand out and they give the car a
more sporty appearance. almost No one buys a Spitfire for its performance. If
you want performance look at a higher dollar car, and the bumpers do no make
that much of a difference at all! an be it also true, replacing the rubber
(plastic) overcoating on the later spits is cheaper than recroming the older
bumpers. But it all comes down to what you like. Buy what you like and what is
availible, but where I am from there are not many black bumpered Spits, which
makes my car more unique~
Jamie Lahy
1979 Spitfire 1550 (hence the screen name)
and 1970 Oldsmobile 442