Re: Ugly? Black Bumpers

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ugly? Black Bumpers
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:13:40 -0400
While I have an '80 with black bumpers, I have mixed emotions about the
plastic bumpers.

On the one hand, I like the extra protection that they give my car
(mostly from small things in parking lots and going slow down the
road).  On the other hand, they stick out so far in the front and back
that they give a sort of goiter effect (or it looks like it has a fat
lip!).

I personally think that the small chrome bumpers make the Spit look more
like a sports car, the black plastic ones make it look slower.  I've
considered a change to chrome myself but want to stay more or less
original.

I have noted that LBC lovers tend to look down on the black plastic
bumpers as being indicative of a "smog controlled" car which therefore
has less power and zip and is less desirable to own / drive.

I personally am having a hell of a good time driving my Little Metal
Girlfriend and she looks beautiful to me.