Re: Spitfire spits fire

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Spitfire spits fire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:03:37 -0400
Whoops, I was wrong about the function of the bypass valve.   As luck would
have it, our speaker at our Triumph Club meeting Monday night was a carb
expert, and straightened  me right out.

I was also unclear about the dashpot I was referring to.   Actually I was
remembering an external dashpot fitted to the Weber that was on a 1970
Cortina I had.  Its function was to prevent backfiring on rapid decel by
holding the throttle open.   Made the car a real pain to drive smoothly.  I
removed the whole air injection system from that car to  cure the problem.

You thought I meant the ZS oil filled dashpot, attached to the diaphragm?
Sorry,

Atwell Haines