Re: Spitfire spits fire

To: Cwn74 <Cwn74@aol.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire spits fire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:29:28 -0400
Thanks for your response, Clark.

At 12:28 AM 4/27/98 EDT, Cwn74 wrote:
>In a message dated 98-04-26 14:23:07 EDT, carbuff@scooter.net writes:
>

>>  I am running a Crane XR700 electronic ignition, timing is set to spec
>>  according to the sticker under the hood, and is rock-solid at idle.
>>
>Did you just install the XR700?

Yes. (300 miles ago)

>Perhaps the installation of the sensor unit is such that the cap-rotor are
not
>in sync when the unit fires?  Re-adjust this appropriately...

OK, better explain this to me in more detail.

Followed the Crane instructions faithfully, marking the Distributor body etc.

Are you saying that the unit is firing at the wrong time on overrun?  And
that the position of the sensor (Optical pickup) on the points plate can
cause this even after the Dist. is adjusted to provide proper timing at idle?

Just trying to understand the theory....

>Easy mistake...

Atwell (NOT Mr Perfect) Haines
79 Spitfire