Re: Door again

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Door again
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:15:28 -0700
Malcolm,
I inspected the wheel for signs if problems and nothing is obvious.  I
plan to rotate the wheels later this week and see if it goes to another
wheel.  I hope the problem is in the hub or axle (that sounds stupid,
doesn't it)  The reason is that Those wheels are impossible to replace.
So I will have to buy a whole new set and I don't want to do that.
Hmmmm, maybe I can get the guy who hit me to spring for a new set of
Chrome Wires????

Joe

Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Joe Curry wrote:
>
> > I seriously doubt it's a bent rim, since the wheels are alloy and will
> > break rather than bend.  I suspect if fomething is bent, it is the hub.
>
> Our beastly Rabbit (golf...) had alloy rims, and yes, they do bend.  I
> think these were a titanium alloy (or magnesium) they were really light,
> and doubled the value of the car.
>
> I seem to remember one bent when driven over a curb.  So I bet an impact
> like a fender-bender could put one out-of-round.
>
> -Malcolm

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer