Re: Parts Cross-Reference list

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Cross-Reference list
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:36:09 -0400
At 10:09 PM 4/19/98 -0400, Andrew Mace wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

>> Brothers in Finland) suggested that a list of parts from other vehicles
>> that are compatible with Spitfires be created...I think this is an
>> excellent idea....
>
>Sounds good to me as well.
>
>> If anybody out
>> there cares to take on this effort....
>
>Nope, Joe, I'm not volunteering, either. And while I appreciate that the
>thought of such a cross-reference refers in part to parts from other makes
>(i.e., Volvo) of cars, a cross-reference within the Triumph family can be
>useful as well. Note that the older factory spare parts catalogues (the
>ones originally in those wonderful grey ring binders) contained an index
>of parts in numerical order. Within that index is a cross-reference
>(where applicable) of other Triumph models using the same parts number.
>I've always thought that a "master" compilation of all those numerical
>indices into a database program would be a nice weekend project for a good
>data entry person. :-) Yes, to some degree The Roadster Factory price
>list does this, but missing there is the reference (in most all cases) to
>Herald/Vitesse, 2000/2.5 saloon, 1300/1500/Toledo/Dolomite, etc.
>
>Anyone with good typing skills or a good OCR scanner, and way too much time
>on their hands? :-)
++++++++

Sorry I don't have either of the above, but here is my first cross
reference contribution:

The trunk (boot) courtesy light assembly, not listed in the Moss Spitfire
catalogue, is the same as a TR6  part# 544-245.

Atwell Haines

'79 Spitfire (with illuminated trunk, occasionally [bad switch I guess])