re:Re: Dashpot Oil

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: re:Re: Dashpot Oil
From: Tom Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 4/6/1998 22:3
--==pw_boundary==

The top of your carb(s) should have a plastic top that you
can unscrew.  Unscrew it and there is your dashpot oil.  I
think you are supposed to fill them up to 1/4 inch below
the threads.  You can buy the special oil from any of the
major britcar dealers.  Or you can use 20-50w oil if you
don't live in a too cold area.  The special oil is just
straight 20w.  Which I think is the same stuff as RC car
oil uses for its shocks.. But don't quote me on that.
Tom

> > Can someone please explain the purpose of dashpot oil?
>
> I hate to sound ignorant, but I have never heard of
this.  How do I check this
> on my '73 Spirfire 1500?  What kind of oil, etc.

--==pw_boundary==--