Re: Spitfire trim part needed

To: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire trim part needed
From: "Richard T. Kramer" <rtk3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 03:29:52 -0500
John,  I take that back.  YES, there IS some sort of a finishing strip
fitted over the panel's edges.  I still don't see anything shown in the
catalogs though.  Maybe a call to "The Roadster Factory's" tech line would
get you some results.  They've always been a help when I've been stumped.
That number is 814-446-4491. (their web page is at
http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/ )  ..Dick

John,

Are you talking about the bottom seam/edge of the rear fenders?  I didn't
know of any trim that goes there and have never seen any.  All my Spits
ever had was painted "weld spots" there!  Looking through the catalogs of
"Moss Motors", "Victoria British" and "The Roadster Factory" I don't see
anything shown.  Does anyone else know of any trim that was used?  Hey... I
wonder what chromed door edge trim would look like there...hmmm.

Dick