shotimes

[Shotimes] Thoughts on Kumho Ecsta 711s

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Thoughts on Kumho Ecsta 711s
From: "Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW)" <hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:47:59 -0400
Got 4 Kumho Ecsta 711s put on the stock slicers the other day, I got
225/50/16s. Most people will go "that's too wide!" and in retrospect,
they're right. Steering turn-in has gone to crap. I used to have
225/55/16 Yoko AVS dB2s on, and steering response was much better. Is it
because the sidewall is shorter in the new tires? Is it because the
sidewall of the new tires is just that much less stiff? I don't know.
Traction is much better in the dry. I just installed bias plugs and did
a full flush of the brakes and stopping is now even more ridiculously
short than it was before, and it's now really hard to break traction on
them, and I have a pretty good tip-in response.

So, I guess to sum it up, traction is better, but turning is mushier,
than nearly bald yoko AVS dB2s. It's mushier than the old tires when
they were new too, though. At least riding over bumps isn't as painful
now...

At least they're cheap! $78 per. :)

V/R
AT2(AW) Hartberger, Jason M.