[Shop-talk] air/hydraulic floor jack

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] air/hydraulic floor jack
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 20:17:21 -0500
Cc: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net> mail.com>
About 13 years ago, I got a Norco Air/hydraulic floor jack.  I have
been very happy with it when it works, but there have been some
problems.  Contemplating a replacement, I am not really seeing
anything like this available now.  Have you guys found anything
similar?  It is a pretty traditional hydraulic floor jack, except it
also has a compressed air connection.  This operates a pump that
moves the hydraulic fluid instead of pumping the handle.  The Norco
is 2.25 Ton, which is plenty for me.  I need to lift everything from
my Miata to a large SUV.  Besides saving my back, I sometimes find
the jack in a position where I can't raise the jack handle enough
before it hits the bumper or other part of the car.  Is there
anything clever available these days?  If you have a fancy lift, I am
jealous, but I don't have the room or ceiling height for one.  Thanks.

-Steve T.