Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:56:13 -0500 01/10/2021 12:56:13 PM, Serialize complete at 01/10/2021 12:56:13 PM
--===============8542428231461706793==

--=_alternative 0062882B85258659_=

Pet Writes-
>DeWalt has an adapter to allow 20 volt batteries to be used in most 18
volt tools.

I wrote about this adapter here before.  It was a reason I didn't switch
from Dewalt when the LiIon revolution came out.  This allowed me to not
only use all the tools I already had with the new batteries, but after a
little bit of time, the old 18v stuff was so deeply discounted (since
everyone bought the newer technologies) that I picked up a bunch of 'nice
to have' tools and spare tools that I used all the time for next to
nothing.

All of my 18v tools from over 24 years ago are still working and I use
them often.

I don't think any other manufacture did this at the time.  BTW, you can
now buy adaptors to use anyone's batteries in anyone else's tools.

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0062882B85258659_=

be used in most 18 volt tools. </font>
&nbsp;It was a reason I didn't switch from Dewalt when the LiIon revolution
came out. &nbsp;This allowed me to not only use all the tools I already
had with the new batteries, but after a little bit of time, the old 18v
stuff was so deeply discounted (since everyone bought the newer technologies)
that I picked up a bunch of 'nice to have' tools and spare tools that I
used all the time for next to nothing.</font>
ago are still working and I use them often.</font>
did this at the time. &nbsp;BTW, you can now buy adaptors to use anyone's
batteries in anyone else's tools.</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============8542428231461706793==--