Re: [Shop-talk] Solar driveway runway lights?

To: markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar driveway runway lights?
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 07:07:54 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net

--000000000000ea8e5305af970866

here is an option:

https://getbrightright.com/products/brightright?variant=16946683314266&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjJyvxO7y6wIV9j6tBh262gWjEAQYASABEgLPp_D_BwE

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:10 PM Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
wrote:

> I looked up solar road lights on Amazon and there are things that might
> work, but you need to figure that out based on your layout.
> Road mounted pucks, CHINLY Solar Driveway Lights LED Deck Dock Light
> Step Lighting Waterproof for Outdoor Pathway Garden Ground Yard Walkway
> Stair Markers 8pcs (White)
> by CHINLY:
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X13V9LB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_mybzFbAS8Y0A9
>

> pole mounted road lights with remotes: ANKNQ 56 LED Solar Lights Motion
> Sensor Light Outdoor IP65 Waterproof, Wireless Control Adjustable Wall
> Light for Garage Garden Yard Pathway Walkway by kaidelong:
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08283DC59/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_nubzFbTWHP082?
>
> And have you considered just adding one or two bright lights to the back
> of your vehicle with its/their own switch?
>
> I've planted a bunch of crap plastic solar lights next to my driveway
> but it was more grief than it was worth.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Miller   markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
>

> > It's impossible to back down my driveway at night because of the lack of
> light, so I need to add something. Ideally I'd have something like this;
> double ideally they'd be directional so they were only visible to someone
> backing down the driveway. And they'd need to be somewhat stout to deal
> with weather, errant feet, etc., but I think that's mostly an installation
> issue. Have any of you done anything like this?
> >
> > The project in the link below is a bit more complex than I want to get
> into but it gives you an idea. I'd like solar powered with a daylight
> sensor. I don't have an easy way to run power to the driveway. The bulky
> pathway lights at $30 apiece is way out of budget.
> >
> > https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14847873742968238/
> >
> > thanks,
> > jim

--000000000000ea8e5305af970866

etbrightright.com/products/brightright?variant=3D16946683314266&amp;currenc=
y=3DUSD&amp;utm_medium=3Dproduct_sync&amp;utm_source=3Dgoogle&amp;utm_conte=
nt=3Dsag_organic&amp;utm_campaign=3Dsag_organic&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIjJy=
vxO7y6wIV9j6tBh262gWjEAQYASABEgLPp_D_BwE">https://getbrightright.com/produc=
ts/brightright?variant=3D16946683314266&amp;currency=3DUSD&amp;utm_medium=
=3Dproduct_sync&amp;utm_source=3Dgoogle&amp;utm_content=3Dsag_organic&amp;u=
tm_campaign=3Dsag_organic&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIjJyvxO7y6wIV9j6tBh262gWjE=
l_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:10=
 PM Mark Miller &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:markmiller@threeboysfarm.com";>markmil=
ote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,20=
4);padding-left:1ex">I looked up solar road lights on Amazon and there are =
things that might <br>
work, but you need to figure that out based on your layout.<br>
Road mounted pucks, CHINLY Solar Driveway Lights LED Deck Dock Light <br>
Step Lighting Waterproof for Outdoor Pathway Garden Ground Yard Walkway <br=

Stair Markers 8pcs (White)<br>
by CHINLY: <br>
FbAS8Y0A9" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.amazon.com/dp/B=
07X13V9LB/ref=3Dcm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_mybzFbAS8Y0A9</a><br>
pole mounted road lights with remotes: ANKNQ 56 LED Solar Lights Motion <br=

Sensor Light Outdoor IP65 Waterproof, Wireless Control Adjustable Wall <br>
Light for Garage Garden Yard Pathway Walkway by kaidelong: <br>
FbTWHP082" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.amazon.com/dp/B=
08283DC59/ref=3Dcm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_nubzFbTWHP082</a>?<br>
And have you considered just adding one or two bright lights to the back <b=
r>
of your vehicle with its/their own switch?<br>
I&#39;ve planted a bunch of crap plastic solar lights next to my driveway <=
br>
but it was more grief than it was worth.<br>
Regards,<br>
Mark Miller=C2=A0 =C2=A0<a href=3D"mailto:markmiller@threeboysfarm.com"; tar=
get=3D"_blank">markmiller@threeboysfarm.com</a><br>
&gt; It&#39;s impossible to back down my driveway at night because of the l=
ack of light, so I need to add something. Ideally I&#39;d have something li=
ke this; double ideally they&#39;d be directional so they were only visible=
 to someone backing down the driveway. And they&#39;d need to be somewhat s=
tout to deal with weather, errant feet, etc., but I think that&#39;s mostly=
 an installation issue. Have any of you done anything like this?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The project in the link below is a bit more complex than I want to get=
 into but it gives you an idea. I&#39;d like solar powered with a daylight =
sensor. I don&#39;t have an easy way to run power to the driveway. The bulk=
y pathway lights at $30 apiece is way out of budget.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14847873742968238/"; rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14847873742968238=
/</a><br>