Re: [Shop-talk] Recommendations on yard sprayer

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Recommendations on yard sprayer
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 15:23:17 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=Wc2vgaquMkORpmJyySnWMXBDQJtC+l45nxbGi7noaZuEklNjY3VGLo8kVdj4ijTN9vWER3y1eCMzxuHg1hDWIXTWbdi/QhnPhDpKPZrSel9dADj9tH+cpgBtCppPPBBaNlWk61WWC+M+g57kBaity1p1irKrwPHnctXa95GdR0ZSXIczMEeTpRwQayVKQ9NUltFdqPyh+SzUq+OWQXeyKvabt9uB0JqiNg0IzleM4MbeozdmwSloDEYhryOyNonUBgKRjZ/tMkEtIWKVH/5LSQhUNc1K3CDvmk8syQ/40fJicRTW9xQsCMIuDtdOrWuSRHbMWIwSTM44IQ1XmHSLvw==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;

--------------7805CDED966651C67D902D68

Scott - I have a HF backpack sprayer that I highly.
https://www.harborfreight.com/4-gallon-backpack-sprayer-63092.html
Click the coupon link at the top right of the page and they are
currently $19.99.  I've been using it for several years now after having
1 and 3 gal pump up bottles like yours.  It is so much nicer to not
carry the bottle.  The big pump handle is also much easier to use and
take many less pumps.  The nozzle is adjustable to make it easier to
spray broad areas.  I do recommend taking a moment to make sure all the
fittings are tight before first use.

I have several brick patios and a bunch of railroad tie steps. About
every three weeks during weed season I mix up three gallons of a now
evil commercial weed killer and make a round up and down the property.
That seems to be a good balance for me.  Late in the season, I might
drop to two gallons.

Brian

On 7/10/2020 11:50 AM, Scott Hall wrote:
> I have this thing:
>
> https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da9499c09315_2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff
>

> I'm trying to keep weeds at bay--in the driveway and near the garage,
> and in those rocks in my previous post which sprout grass each spring.
> My plan was to use that sprayer to hose down the rock garden with a
> mixture of vinegar and salt and kill the little bastards before they
> germinated.
>
> That sprayer is useless for that--it produces a tiiny, thin spray that
> is really only useful for individual tiny weeds in cracks in pavement.
> And even that takes forever.
>
> The 'rocked area' is maybe 2000 sq. ft. total, and I want to
> inundate the area--I pulled them all by hand this year or used a
> driveway/roofing torch to burn them away but they're already re-sprouting.
>
> Anybody have a sprayer that can cover some area they recommend?
>
> Scott

--------------7805CDED966651C67D902D68

  <head>
  </head>
    Scott - I have a HF backpack sprayer that I highly.<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/4-gallon-backpack-sprayer-63092.html";>https://www.harborfreight.com/4-gallon-backpack-sprayer-63092.html</a><br>
    Click the coupon link at the top right of the page and they are
    currently $19.99.  I've been using it for several years now after
    having 1 and 3 gal pump up bottles like yours.  It is so much nicer
    to not carry the bottle.  The big pump handle is also much easier to
    use and take many less pumps.  The nozzle is adjustable to make it
    easier to spray broad areas.  I do recommend taking a moment to make
    sure all the fittings are tight before first use.<br>
    I have several brick patios and a bunch of railroad tie steps.
    About every three weeks during weed season I mix up three gallons of
    a now evil commercial weed killer and make a round up and down the
    property.  That seems to be a good balance for me.  Late in the
    season, I might drop to two gallons.<br>
    Brian<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAK73_u72MyveBiq7Pm+bsZuCRpwSwvSABsj7aOW8qcAs-mMKhA@mail.gmail.com">
href="https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da9499c09315_2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&amp;odnHeight=undefined&amp;odnBg=ffffff";
            title="" style=""
moz-do-not-send="true">https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da9499c09315_2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&amp;odnHeight=undefined&amp;odnBg=ffffff</a> </div>
          the garage, and in those rocks in my previous post which
          sprout grass each spring. My plan was to use that sprayer to
          hose down the rock garden with a mixture of vinegar and salt
          and kill the little bastards before they germinated. </div>
          spray that is really only useful for individual tiny weeds in
          cracks in pavement. And even that takes forever.</div>
          to inundate the area--I pulled them all by hand this year or
          used a driveway/roofing torch to burn them away but they're
          already re-sprouting.<br>
          recommend?</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"