Re: [Shop-talk] Tool shed foundation?

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tool shed foundation?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:58:24 -0400
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--0000000000007cd6e005a7d108f5

Several years ago I got an 8x8' wooden shed, and I made a pad of gravel
within a wooden frame of 6x6 PT lumber.  It was sunk partly into the ground
on one side to make it level.  It has worked out fine.  (I should have used
a bit more gravel to allow for settling.)

Doug

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020, 10:43 AM Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com> wrote:

> First off. I'll inform you that I had Comcast, my service provider,
> switch out my old cable modem for a faster, wifi enabled unit.  At the
> moment I *think* Team Net is still working as usual, no service
> disruption.  We shall see.
>
> Okay, now that the man behind the curtain stuff is out of the way I am
> planning getting a plastic garden shed. I'm looking at one big enough to
> hold the lawnmover, weed whackers, rakes, etc. Basically all the garden
> stuff that is taking up valuable space in the garage. I need the room to
> actually get some work done on my cars.
>
> It's only 7 feet wide and 4 feet deep.  It comes with a plastic slab as
> the floor.  What do you think, can I just scrape a space in the dirt
> that is fairly level and call it good?  Or go all the way and have a
> small, say 8 x 5 concrete slab professionally poured as a foundation?
> That will likely cost more than the shed!
>
> mjb.

--0000000000007cd6e005a7d108f5

de a pad of gravel within a wooden frame of 6x6 PT lumber.=C2=A0 It was sun=
k partly into the ground on one side to make it level.=C2=A0 It has worked =
out fine.=C2=A0 (I should have used a bit more gravel to allow for settling=
ass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Jun 11, 2=
020, 10:43 AM Mark J Bradakis &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mark@bradakis.com";>mark=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">First =
off. I&#39;ll inform you that I had Comcast, my service provider, <br>
switch out my old cable modem for a faster, wifi enabled unit.=C2=A0 At the=
moment I *think* Team Net is still working as usual, no service <br>
disruption.=C2=A0 We shall see.<br>
Okay, now that the man behind the curtain stuff is out of the way I am <br>
planning getting a plastic garden shed. I&#39;m looking at one big enough t=
o <br>
hold the lawnmover, weed whackers, rakes, etc. Basically all the garden <br=

stuff that is taking up valuable space in the garage. I need the room to <b=
r>
actually get some work done on my cars.<br>
It&#39;s only 7 feet wide and 4 feet deep.=C2=A0 It comes with a plastic sl=
ab as <br>
the floor.=C2=A0 What do you think, can I just scrape a space in the dirt <=
br>
that is fairly level and call it good?=C2=A0 Or go all the way and have a <=
br>
small, say 8 x 5 concrete slab professionally poured as a foundation?=C2=A0=
That will likely cost more than the shed!<br>
mjb.<br>
rrer">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=