Re: [Shop-talk] Tool shed foundation?

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tool shed foundation?
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:44:59 -0400

--------------619C334B7C4234AD39721180

Buy a big bag of portland cement. After leveling the dirt, water it them
mix the bag of cement to about 4 inches.  Tamp it down.  You have now
made soil cement.

On 6/11/2020 10:32 AM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> First off. I'll inform you that I had Comcast, my service provider,
> switch out my old cable modem for a faster, wifi enabled unit.  At the
> moment I *think* Team Net is still working as usual, no service
> disruption.  We shall see.
>
> Okay, now that the man behind the curtain stuff is out of the way I am
> planning getting a plastic garden shed. I'm looking at one big enough
> to hold the lawnmover, weed whackers, rakes, etc. Basically all the
> garden stuff that is taking up valuable space in the garage. I need
> the room to actually get some work done on my cars.
>
> It's only 7 feet wide and 4 feet deep.  It comes with a plastic slab
> as the floor.  What do you think, can I just scrape a space in the
> dirt that is fairly level and call it good?  Or go all the way and
> have a small, say 8 x 5 concrete slab professionally poured as a
> foundation?  That will likely cost more than the shed!
>
> mjb.

--------------619C334B7C4234AD39721180

  <head>
  </head>
      After leveling the dirt, water it them mix the bag of cement to
      about 4 inches.  Tamp it down.  You have now made soil cement.</div>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:088b7d86-089e-9c6a-9271-373f3819e7b0@bradakis.com">First
[...]
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"