Re: [Shop-talk] moving computer files

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] moving computer files
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 09:23:54 -0400
Hi John,

The easiest way to do this is to take off the outside of the computer's case
and connect the old hard drive directly to the new motherboard with a SATA
cable and an available power lead. It doesn't matter if there isn't room inside
the computer for another hard drive because this will only be a temporary
connection.

If you aren't comfortable doing this, then really the only way is with a hard
drive enclosure, complete with its own power supply and USB port, into which
you put your hard drive (which is just as much work as the above method with
the downside of having to buy the enclosure).

If you want more specifics, contact me off-list and I can give you more
direction.

John