Re: [Shop-talk] Well blow me down!

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Well blow me down!
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 06:03:04 -0400 05/13/2020 06:03:06 AM, Serialize complete at 05/13/2020 06:03:06 AM
--===============6947329038602764996==

--=_alternative 0037371B85258567_=

Ah, Chainsaws, a topic I actually know something about.

The new crop of battery operated chain saws are very impressive. Note,
they are ideal for 'limbing' a tree (taking apart when it's down on the
ground.)  You can move around a tree and the saw is not turning or
anything.  Then, press the button, cut the limb, and the saw stops again.
They use a great trick to be more efficient at cutting.  Their blades and
kerfs are about half of a gas saw's.  This means they have to cut less
wood to do the same job.  It mean less sawdust as well.  (Note, modern
vacuum cleaners do this also.  They have narrower pickup area, so the same
size motor is effectively more powerful in a smaller area.)

I am a dewalt man, so I bought the dewalt one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBVCQ4W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works and runs great.  BUT, if you weren't already in Dewalt battery
land, I think the Milwaukee chainsaw is a little heavier duty.  It has two
bar nuts where the dewalt's flaw is it 'toolless' single bolt set up. It's
great for homeowners that don't really push the saw, but I had problems
with it when the bar gets a little bit of sawdust in the bar grove.  It's
easy to fix, but it requires a quick chain removal.

For what you are talking about, I think you'll find an electric chainsaw
to be the cat's meow!  No gas, no pull start, you get to buy another tool,
and then you can get other tools now that you have the batteries.

Dewalt does have batteries in 30V, 60V and 120V and the can share
batteries!

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0037371B85258567_=

something about.</font>
saws are very impressive. Note, they are ideal for 'limbing' a tree (taking
apart when it's down on the ground.) &nbsp;You can move around a tree and
the saw is not turning or anything. &nbsp;Then, press the button, cut the
limb, and the saw stops again. They use a great trick to be more efficient
at cutting. &nbsp;Their blades and kerfs are about half of a gas saw's.
&nbsp;This means they have to cut less wood to do the same job. &nbsp;It
mean less sawdust as well. &nbsp;(Note, modern vacuum cleaners do this
also. &nbsp;They have narrower pickup area, so the same size motor is
effectively
more powerful in a smaller area.)</font>
one...</font>
href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBVCQ4W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1";><font
 size=3
 size=3>
if you weren't already in Dewalt battery land, I think the Milwaukee chainsaw
is a little heavier duty. &nbsp;It has two bar nuts where the dewalt's
flaw is it 'toolless' single bolt set up. &nbsp;It's great for homeowners
that don't really push the saw, but I had problems with it when the bar
gets a little bit of sawdust in the bar grove. &nbsp;It's easy to fix,
but it requires a quick chain removal.</font>
you'll find an electric chainsaw to be the cat's meow! &nbsp;No gas, no
pull start, you get to buy another tool, and then you can get other tools
now that you have the batteries.</font>
and 120V and the can share batteries!</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============6947329038602764996==--