[Shop-talk] Possible Team Net outage

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Possible Team Net outage
From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 15:57:26 -0600
We had some severe wind gusts in Salt Lake Monday afternoon, about half
of a large tree blew over, sort of hitting the garage and some cars.
Take a look at http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg to get an idea of what
happened.  Inside that marked off area you can see a black wire.  That
is Team Net's connection to the world. Getting all the fallen branches
off that wire is beyond my capabilities.  We've contacted some
professional tree removers, haven't heard back yet, so not sure when the
mess will be cleaned up.

So basically if we get more wind gusts over the next day or two all that
debris could shift and take out that network cable.  And Team Net would
be off the air for who knows how long.  So be aware of that
possibility.  If it happens, you might be seeing a status message from
hoosierq@gmail.com that may look suspicious at first glance.  It will be
from me.

And another note, the old problem of delayed email seems to be occurring
again.  Currently the delay is one the order of an hour or so, I'll be
looking into the situation.

Fun times indeed!

mjb.