Re: [Shop-talk] Well blow me down!

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>, "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Well blow me down!
From: Brian Kemp via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 16:58:58 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=ZA2kNsbjOpgPPboHujE3/AvK5SpNWadFJwvOGZIABY0rPrwlV15wU3wr56nS19dD3O+Hv+LQ6AA0Rtf+fdHwlbk08yk/aIIv7wo1BJU1EyV6iFUefb+Mbocn5OgeqQHU/rynGWTvFe/jKleLKk2VAugUsIkNHx1fyqe54+Roe0T7lN/+wWsFjzO5GTnl6xwBfu5U3WsMNtL/X6/tL5nH/6BAlsVlYFfzETCyOZQ4JUASa+KlbqhWBMvjBREZWgqg78A8uEKwjuxofpvRYiDPTEGzjVy967o8t4b6SqNg66VZRqB4EsFIBo6UhhTrVMIjYyeNaxnxz0hF+sYkOmD7GA==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;

--------------B2985449B6567A2404BACA59

The Harbor Freight corded pole chain saw that is coupon special for
$60-70 is actually pretty good for getting branches up to about 8". I
have about 15 hours on it with no problems other than many of my trees
are too big and tall sometimes.  Very nice to cut high stuff from the
ground.  I did watch a county fire crew go to work on a tree that fell
across the road with some Sthil gas powered pole saws and am a bit
envious, but at $650, they were a bit pricey for my wallet.

You can get an ok corded chainsaw for about $50.  If you are always near
a plug and not doing a lot of heavy cutting, it will get you buy and you
don't have to worry about mixing and storing gas/oil.
Sample:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-14-in-9-Amp-Electric-Chainsaw-UT43104/202723256

For irregularly used gas chainsaws, I'm a big fan of a product like
TruFuel, especially with the bad gas we have in California.  I may go up
to a year between uses and my regular gas chain saw always starts and
runs fine

Brian

On 5/12/2020 9:33 AM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk wrote:
> This is not what I wanted to happen.  Had some very gusty winds
> yesterday, half of our boxelder is no longer attached to the other
> half.  Didn't do any serious damage to Killer or the garage, as far as
> I can tell so far.  After some quick work with my cordless
> reciprocating saw there is at least a pathway to the garage. Still
> some big limbs putting pressure on my internet cable.
>
> It didn't take long for the work ro wear me out.  I had been thinking
> of getting an electric chainsaw, amazing how disasters can always seem
> to provide an excuse for acquiring another tool. But I think I'll hold
> off, and just let professional tree trimmers do the rest of the work.
> And hope that no big wind gusts disturb the fallen branches and have
> them take out my, and Team Net's, network connection.
>
> mjb.

--------------B2985449B6567A2404BACA59

  <head>
  </head>
    The Harbor Freight corded pole chain saw that is coupon special for
    $60-70 is actually pretty good for getting branches up to about 8".
    I have about 15 hours on it with no problems other than many of my
    trees are too big and tall sometimes.  Very nice to cut high stuff
    from the ground.  I did watch a county fire crew go to work on a
    tree that fell across the road with some Sthil gas powered pole saws
    and am a bit envious, but at $650, they were a bit pricey for my
    wallet.<br>
    You can get an ok corded chainsaw for about $50.  If you are always
    near a plug and not doing a lot of heavy cutting, it will get you
    buy and you don't have to worry about mixing and storing gas/oil.<br>
    Sample:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-14-in-9-Amp-Electric-Chainsaw-UT43104/202723256";>https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-14-in-9-Amp-Electric-Chainsaw-UT43104/202723256</a><br>
    For irregularly used gas chainsaws, I'm a big fan of a product like
    TruFuel, especially with the bad gas we have in California.  I may
    go up to a year between uses and my regular gas chain saw always
    starts and runs fine<br>
    Brian<br>
      via Shop-talk wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:4fafec44-f517-6885-25da-130b447ca84f@bradakis.com">This
      is not what I wanted to happen.  Had some very gusty winds
      yesterday, half of our boxelder is no longer attached to the other
      half.  Didn't do any serious damage to Killer or the garage, as
      far as I can tell so far.  After some quick work with my cordless
      reciprocating saw there is at least a pathway to the garage. Still
      some big limbs putting pressure on my internet cable.
      It didn't take long for the work ro wear me out.  I had been
      thinking of getting an electric chainsaw, amazing how disasters
      can always seem to provide an excuse for acquiring another tool.
      But I think I'll hold off, and just let professional tree trimmers
      do the rest of the work.  And hope that no big wind gusts disturb
      the fallen branches and have them take out my, and Team Net's,
      network connection.
      mjb.
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"