Re: [Shop-talk] everybody OK with Covid-19?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] everybody OK with Covid-19?
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:46:38 -0400 03/19/2020 01:46:38 PM, Serialize complete at 03/19/2020 01:46:38 PM
References: <CAE16_w1_M3OR4qPDtYe0eZprpfuOHX5vxv0K-Sy=uCSkzr9qxA@mail.gmail.com> <MW2PR07MB39782291CB1EF6966DFEB424BBF90@MW2PR07MB3978.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> <OFB646E1A8.C9E7F92E-ON8525852D.00816C30-8525852D.0081EFEA@mail.megageek.com> <CAO8Q7COma7k6Q-9FpX21kN-Mw3A64G=wmqAvspmRd9gM1b1Tug@mail.gmail.com> <264fbe30-490e-b18a-dc51-efcca081854f@dfn.com> <1558077923.4074766.1584447872807@mail.yahoo.com>
--===============0145288451644177429==

--=_alternative 0061A68385258530_=

Dave writes
>Dealing with this situation with wishful thinking is a recipe for
disaster.

No disrespect to you, Dave, but your post brought up the problem I'm
having with all this. None of this is directed at you or anyone here, just
my frustration with this situation.

First, we loose tens of thousands of people each year to the flu, but
there is never a whisper of it.  In fact, many of the people that are
shaking in their boots now are the same people that parrot the 'I'm not
getting a flu shot, that will just get me sick" manta.  But if they
released an untested vaccine today, they would be lining up by the
millions.  I hate hypocrisy.  (I'm not suggesting that you are in any way
one of these people.)

Next, of course 'professionals' in the industry will claim that this is
the end of days.  Just look how money is flowing into labs without
question.  I can't say I blame them, they have most likely been fighting
for grants for the past decade, it makes sense to hype it up for funding
now.

Finally, the news networks (both sides) have been driving this agenda to
sell ad space.  I will stand by my guns here and say that this is nothing
more than any of the other flus that go around this time of year.  If the
media wasn't crying about a falling sky, people wouldn't panic and life
would be much more predictable.  They will cause more panic before this is
over.

I say this as a person (almost 50) WITH respiratory issues and I will NOT
change any habit as a result of this.  But I am getting more shop time and
it's awesome!

One more final note-  I have looked in all my sofas, under all my
cushions, and I didn't find ANY women to spend time with.  8>(  I guess I
need to shop at better furniture stores!

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0061A68385258530_=

this situation with wishful thinking is a recipe for disaster.</font>
post brought up the problem I'm having with all this. None of this is directed
at you or anyone here, just my frustration with this situation.</font>
people each year to the flu, but there is never a whisper of it. &nbsp;In
fact, many of the people that are shaking in their boots now are the same
people that parrot the 'I'm not getting a flu shot, that will just get
me sick&quot; manta. &nbsp;But if they released an untested vaccine today,
they would be lining up by the millions. &nbsp;I hate hypocrisy. &nbsp;(I'm
not suggesting that you are in any way one of these people.)</font>
industry will claim that this is the end of days. &nbsp;Just look how money
is flowing into labs without question. &nbsp;I can't say I blame them,
they have most likely been fighting for grants for the past decade, it
makes sense to hype it up for funding now.</font>
have been driving this agenda to sell ad space. &nbsp;I will stand by my
guns here and say that this is nothing more than any of the other flus
that go around this time of year. &nbsp;If the media wasn't crying about
a falling sky, people wouldn't panic and life would be much more predictable.
&nbsp;They will cause more panic before this is over.</font>
respiratory issues and I will NOT change any habit as a result of this.
&nbsp;But I am getting more shop time and it's awesome!</font>
in all my sofas, under all my cushions, and I didn't find ANY women to
spend time with. &nbsp;8&gt;( &nbsp;I guess I need to shop at better furniture
stores!</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============0145288451644177429==--