Re: [Shop-talk] Making a door thinner

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Making a door thinner
From: Mark Miller via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 10:03:35 -0800
You might consider using a router to take off the 1/8" off an inch or so
on the inside (panel) side of the rails (fairly easy to do using the
rest of the rail as a base to run on) and then running the door
vertically over a table saw to thin the rest of the rails.

Alternately: can you take a bit off the back of the cabinet? Either in
place with an oscillating saw where needed or pull the cabinet, modify,
then replace? Or just slide the cabinet out from the wall a bit more
than it is?

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com